Big Smoke

'cause it's hard to see from where I'm standin'

Goodbye Gulf

Tags: , ,

Long story short, BP can’t just cap the spill because the seabed’s cracking, implying further damage to the line below the sea floor. This means if they capped it, the back pressure would blow a hole in the sea floor that would not only send up ten times more oil but be almost impossible to stop.

Y’know, maybe the Mayans were on to something.

Consequently, 59% of those polled by Gallup/USA think that BP should be forced to pay the entirety of the clean-up costs, even if it puts them out of business. This prompts the question: What the hell does the remaining 41% think?

Tags: , ,

One Response to “Goodbye Gulf”


  1. The Narrative « Big Smoke
    on Jun 16th, 2010
    @ 11:17 am

    […] involvement. The issue, after all, is not whether the government can plug the hole itself (it can’t; nobody can), but whether it can stop corporations for breaking what they can’t […]

Leave a Reply

© 2009 Big Smoke. All Rights Reserved.

This blog is powered by Wordpress and Magatheme by Bryan Helmig.